Pulleys (Grades 11-12)
Instructions: Answer the following questions, based on your knowledge of pulley systems.
- It can change the direction of the force.
- It can increase the output force.
- It can minimize the output force.
- (1) and (2)
- (1) and (3)
- The force is multiplied.
- Only the direction of the force is changed.
- The number of lines determines how much the force increases by.
- The force is divided.
- 20 cm
- 25 cm
- 30 cm
- 35 cm
- A movable pulley
- A single fixed pulley
- A block and tackle system
- A combination of one movable and one fixed pulley
- 1, because only the direction of the input force is changed.
- 1, because the input force is not multiplied or changed in any way.
- 2, because the input force is doubled by the presence of another load.
- 0, because the input force is balanced by the output force.
- 5 N
- 10 N
- 15 N
- 20 N
- A movable pulley, only
- A fixed pulley, only
- Two movable pulleys
- A movable and a fixed pulley
- Two fixed pulleys
- It has an IMA of 1, because it only changes the direction of the force.
- It has an IMA of 2, because there are only two support ropes.
- It has an IMA of 3, because there are three support ropes.
- None of the above.