The Periodic Table (Grade 8)
Print Test (Only the test content will print)
The Periodic Table
Which statement is true about the periodic table:
- The periodic table allows you to easily compare the properties of one element to another.
- Each horizontal row of the periodic table is called group.
- Each vertical column of the periodic table is called period.
- All of the above are correct.
How is the periodic table of elements arranged?
- top to bottom and right to left
- top to bottom and left to right
- left to right on odd row, and right to left on even rows
- right to left on odd rows and left to right on even rows
Periodic law states that elements show a
- repetition of their physical properties when arranged by increasing atomic radius.
- repetition of their chemical properties when arranged by increasing atomic mass.
- periodic repetition of their properties when arranged by increasing atomic number.
- periodic repetition of their properties when arranged by increasing atomic mass.
The periodic table does not reveal the underlying atomic structure of atoms.
The number on top of the element is called the atomic mass.
The number of protons in the nucleus of an atom of that element is
- atomic number
- atomic weight
- mass number
What group is the noble gases?
Alkali metals do not react with water.
Halogens are elements in group
Approximately how many elements are in the periodic table of elements?
- less than 25
- more than 25, but less than 50
- more than 50, but less than 75
- more than 100
Which one of these elements are NOT part of the Noble gases family?
What are the two factors that led to widespread acceptance of Mendeleev's periodic table?