Print Test (Only the test content will print)
|Name: __________________________||Date: __________________________|
The many overlapping food chains in an ecosystem make up a(n)
- feeding level
- energy pyramid
- food web
In an ecosystem, how are food webs and food chains different?
- Food webs begin with animals and food chains begin with plants.
- Food webs rarely begin with plants and food chains begin with animals.
- Food webs show the relationship between many different food chains in a single ecosystem.
- Food chains show the relationship between many different food webs in a single ecosystem.
Some scientists think that a food web with many connections is more stable than one with few connections.
Organisms in the lowest trophic level of an ecosystem are always
An organism which lives on or in another organism and derives it nutrition from that organism would be a .
Any organism which must obtain its food from a source outside itself is a .
Which type of organism breaks down the cells of dead organisms?
Which is a consumer?
- peach tree
Which is an example of a decomposer?
Which choice below correctly describes how energy is passed among the four organisms?
- consumer, consumer, decomposer, producer
- decomposer, consumer, consumer, producer
- producer, consumer, consumer, decomposer
- consumer, decomposer, producer, consumer
Deers and zebras feed on grasses and other plants. Leopards and lions feed on deers and zebras. Which of these is the role of deers and zebras in this ecosystem?
In a food chain, there are decomposers, consumers, and producers. In a food web that has grass, hawks, grasshoppers, and snakes, the third level consumer is which of the following:
Everyone in our class eats chicken, pigs, cows, fish, turkey, and all sorts of other animals. Everyone in our class also eats plants such as salad and spinach. We also eat fruits and veggies such as apples, bananas, grapes, kiwi, potatoes, carrots, corn, and many more. The best description for humans is which of the following?
A giraffe's ecosystem is found throughout Africa. Giraffes eat leaves off of tall trees. They may eat veggies or fruits on occasion. Giraffes will never hunt or eat other animals. Which of the following best describes giraffes.
A lion does not eat veggies or fruit. They do not eat plants or grass. They eat only meat. This kind of animal is called a what?
Which of the following lists the organisms correctly from lowest trophic level to highest?
- Hawk, weasel, chipmunk, seeds
- Chipmunk, weasel, seeds, hawk
- Seeds, chipmunk, weasel, hawk
- Seeds, chipmunk, hawk, weasel