Atoms (Grade 8)
Print Test (Only the test content will print)
Which of the following is NOT true of atoms?
- They are composed of molecules.
- They can combine with other atoms.
- They make up elements.
- They are extremely small.
The negatively charged particles in an atom are called .
A(n) is a positively charged particle in an atom's nucleus.
The space surrounding the nucleus of an atom contains
What particle is found in the nucleus and has no charge?
Compared to the charge and mass of a proton, an electron has
- the same charge and a smaller mass
- the same charge and the same mass
- opposite charge and smaller mass
- opposite charge and the same mass
An atom becomes negatively charged by
- gaining an electron
- losing an electron
- losing a proton
- gaining a neutron
Which of the following represents an electron configuration of a calcium atom, whose atomic number is 20?
- [math]1s^2 2s^2 2p^6 3s^2 3p^6 4s^2[/math]
- [math]1s^2 2s^2 2p^6 3s^2 3p^6 4s^3[/math]
- [math]1s^2 2s^2 2p^6 3s^1 3p^6 4s^2 3d^1[/math]
- [math]1s^2 2s^2 2p^6 3s^2 3d^8[/math]
If the nucleus of an atom contains 12 protons, how many electrons are there in a neutral atom? Explain.
Construct a Bohr model for Lithium.