Muscular System (Grade 9)
Print Test (Only the test content will print)
All muscle found in the body can be classified into three groups. Most of the muscle in the body is , which is muscle that only moves bones. muscle is another type of muscle. This type of muscle can be found in internal organs like your stomach or arteries. The last type of muscle is muscle which is only found in the .
There are muscles in the human body:
- more than 600
- less than 100
The primary function of muscle tissue is .
- movement by contraction
- control body activities
- cover and protect the body
- hold the body parts together
The is a sheet of muscle that helps us breathe and it is situated just under the ribs and lungs.
Where is the hamstring muscle located?
- Back of thigh
Where are the trapezius and rhomboid muscles located?
Where are the deltoid muscles located?
- Front of arm
- Back of arm
In what way are tendons and ligaments different?
- Ligaments connect muscles to bones and tendons connect bones to bones.
- Ligaments connect muscles to muscles and tendons connect muscles to bones
- Ligaments connect bones to bones and tendons connect muscles to bones.
- Ligaments connect tendons to tendons and tendons connect ligaments to bones.
Slow Twitch Muscle Fibers
- contract rapidly and are fatigue resistant
- contract slowly and fatigue quickly
- fatigue quickly and are usually used when jumping and sprinting
- contract slowly and are fatigue resistant
Explain the difference between voluntary and involuntary muscle