Reading Review (Grade 7)
- Realistic fiction
- Science fiction
- types of literal language.
- types of contrasts.
- types of viewpoints.
- types of comparisons.
- it is unclear.
- it can have more than one meaning.
- it means exactly what is said or written.
- it gives directions.
- exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, resolution.
- setting, action, climax, resolution.
- not as important as the characters.
- ending, rising action, foreshadowing, climax.
- Try to recall every specific detail in the passage.
- Ask yourself general questions about the passage.
- Read the passage over and over until you have it memorized.
- Read the passage once and don't look at it again.
- Twist of fate
Based on the story what is the most appropriate setting?
- The line at a football game
- The cafeteria lunch line
- A classroom
- The girls' locker room
- use background knowledge and details from the text.
- make a prediction.
- use foreshadowing in your writing.
- guess about what will happen next.
What is the author's purpose?
- To inform
- To express personal feelings
- To persuade
- To entertain