Matter (Grade 8)
Print Test (Only the test content will print)
Which of the following defines matter?
- anything without mass
- anything with mass and takes up space
- anything with mass but doesn't take up space
- anything without mass and doesn't take up space
It is the measure of how much matter an object has. What is it?
Hardness, shape, color, texture, and size are all of matter.
This measurement is the amount of matter that occupies a given space:
Which of the following is a physical property of an element?
- ability to rust
- ability to tarnish
All of the following are physical properties except:
- melting point
Which of the following is an example of a chemical change?
- melting butter
- mixing milk and chocolate syrup
- breaking glass
- burning fuel
Which of the following is an example of a physical change?
- Mixing baking soda and vinegar together, and this causes bubbles and foam.
- A glass cup falls from the counter and shatters on the ground.
- Lighting a piece of paper on fire and the paper burns up and leaves ashes.
- Baking a birthday cake for your mother
If a black ball is denser than a white ball of the same size, the black ball has
- less volume
- more volume
- more matter taking up the same space
- less matter taking up the same space
What is the difference between mass and weight of a body?