Laboratory Safety (Grade 9)
Print Test (Only the test content will print)
We can drink lemonade if it was stored in the fridge in the laboratory.
When lighting a Bunsen burner you must open the gas first.
Which statement is a Science Safety rule?
- You may run in the science lab.
- If you have a small cut, it is okay not to tell the teacher.
- Read only the directions you think you need.
- ALWAYS wash your hands after an experiment.
Before starting any lab, you should first.
- locate safety equipment
- smell all the lab materials
- write the lab report conclusion
- get a calculator
What is the most common type of accident that happens in science classes?
- Chemical Spills
- Glass Breakage
- Slip and falls
How long should you keep your eye flooded in the eye wash station if you get a harmful chemical or foreign material in the eye?
- 5 min
- 10 min
- 15 min
- 30 min
You sit down at your science lab table and find a beaker is broken with liquid spilling out. What should you do first?
- Clean up the mess
- Tell your lab partner
- Forget about it
- Tell a teacher about the problem
When working with electrical equipment, when should you become concerned or what kind of action should you take? Check all that are correct.
- make sure your hands are good and wet
- pull the plug not the cord to unplug
- leave it for the next class to figure out
- disconnect any circuit that becomes hot
- report frayed or damaged cords or equipment to your teacher
When working with hot plates or Bunsen burners you should...(check all that are correct)
- not touch the hot plate until it looks cool
- know the correct way to light and operate a burner
- wear long-sleeve clothing such as a thick sweater, to protect your arms
- tie your hair back
- if you need to leave it, make sure the area around it is clear so nothing catches on fire
List 2 dangers from toxic fumes.