Noble Gases (Grade 8)
Print Test (Only the test content will print)
Radon is a noble gas.
Neon has a larger atomic size than xenon.
Which one of these elements are NOT part of the Noble gases family?
What group is the noble gases?
Except for helium, this expresses the stability of a noble-gas atom's filled outer energy level:
- the duet rule
- the octet rule
- the sextet rule
- the trio rule
Why are the Noble Gases inert?
- they are gases
- they are non metals
- they have full outer electron shells
- they combine to form compounds
Which element has properties that are similar to neon?
What color are pure Neon signs?
Sodium, mercury, argon, and neon are used in the production of lamps. There are fewer safety guidelines regarding the handling of neon and argon than for mercury and sodium. Which of the following best describes the elements within the group of the Periodic Table that contains neon and argon gas?
- Gaseous at room temperature and highly reactive with metals
- Solid at room temperature and mildly reactive with strong acids
- Gaseous at room temperature and mostly unreactive with metals
- Solid at room temperature and mostly unreactive with strong acids
Helium is a Noble Gas, but it is different from the other Noble Gases. How?