Acids and Bases (Grade 9)
Print Test (Only the test content will print)
Acids and Bases
Which of the following sets of acids form the primary component of acid rain?
- Carbonic acid, Sulfuric acid, Nitric acid
- Sulfuric acid, Phosphoric acid, Boric acid
- Carbonic acid, Hydrochloric acid, Acetic acid
- Nitric acid, Perchloric acid, Hydrofluoric acid
According to Arrhenius theory, hydronium ion is formed when an acid is dissolved in water.
What can you say about pH of salt solutions?
- The pH of salt solutions is perfectly basic with pH < 7
- The pH of salt solutions is not perfectly neutral with pH = 7
- The pH of salt solutions is strongly alkaline with pH > 7
- The pH of most salt solutions is strongly acidic with pH < 7
Which of the following theories defines acid as a species that forms hydronium ion in water?
- Arrhenius theory
- Lewis acid-base theory
- Lowry-Bronsted theory
[math]BF_3[/math] is a Lewis acid because the central atom is capable of accepting a pair of .
Sugar solution does not change the color of both blue and red litmus paper. Therefore, sugar solution is
Which of the following compounds is an example of Lewis base?
Which of the following pair of chemical species constitute the buffer system of human blood?
- [math]H_2CO_3, HCO_3^-[/math]
- [math]H_2PO_4^-, HPO_4^(2-)[/math]
- [math]NH_3, NH_4^+[/math]
- [math]HSO_3^+ , SO_3^(2-)[/math]
When red litmus paper is dipped in ammonia, the litmus paper turns blue, thereby indicating that ammonia is .
Which of the following non-metal oxides react with each other during acid rain?
- [math]SO_2, PO_4, Al_2O_3[/math]
- [math]SO_2, NO_2, CO_2[/math]
- [math]SO_2, SiO_2, CO_2[/math]
- [math]SO_2, NO_2, PO_4[/math]