Organic Chemistry (Grade 9)
Print Test (Only the test content will print)
Which of the following organic compounds is the main fuel supply for cellular work?
- nucleic acids
Which of the following is NOT an organic molecule?
Sucrose is a , while starch is a .
- Monosaccharide; Polycarbohydrate
- Disaccharide; Polysaccharide
- Monosaccharide; Disaccharide
- Monosaccharide; Carbohydrate
- Monosaccharide; Polysaccharide
Enzymes are found in household detergents. Many manufacturers claim they will get rid of grease, making your clothes look cleaner. Which of the following statements is true concerning enzymes that may suggest why manufacturers use them in their products.
- All enzymes work on dirt and grease.
- Enzymes are specific as to what they work on
- Enzymes cannot be used over and over again.
- One type of enzyme can work on all types of chemicals
The four organic compounds , , , and can be found in living organisms
What is the formula for a hydrocarbon?
Which of the following is NOT a prefix for a hydrocarbon?
The science of organic chemistry is concerned with compounds that contain silicon.
All of the following functions of fats are true except
- most fats consist of glycerol and three fatty acids.
- they are used for the protection of vital organs.
- most saturated fats are solid at room temperature
- saturated fats have many double bonds between their carbons.
Which of the following terms include all of the other terms on this list?