Properties of Matter (Grade 10)
Print Test (Only the test content will print)
Properties of Matter
The term that describes how fast particles move is
Which of the following is not a physical property?
Surface tension is
- skin on the surface of the liquid
- the tendency of the surface of the liquids to decrease the area
- the spontaneous mixing of two substances
- the same as vapor pressure
Which of the following is not a property of typical solids?
- definite melting point
- high density
- easily compressible
- low rate of diffusion
Which of the following is an example of a physical change?
- Silver jewelry tarnishes.
- A metal fence rusts.
- A piece of iron is heated until it melts.
- A piece of wood burns.
- Hydrochloric acid breaks down metal.
The kinetic-molecular theory states that ideal gas molecules
- are in constant, rapid, random motion.
- have mass and take up space
- exert forces of attraction and repulsion on each other.
- having high densities compared with liquids and solids.
Which one of the following substances will float in water? The density of water is 1.0g/cm
- gold- density = 19.3 g/cm
- milk - density = 1.03 g/cm
- ice - density 0.92 g/cm
Heart cells require a certain balance of sodium and potassium ions to function. The blood, which is approximately 83% water, carries these two types of ions to the heart. The property of water that allows it to carry ions to the heart is its .
- molecular mass
- specific heat
If I put gas in a smaller container, the pressure will
- stay the same
While most substances expand when heated and contract when cooled, they are all affected equally by the same changes in temperature.