Introduction to Organic Chemistry (Grade 10)
Print Test (Only the test content will print)
Introduction to Organic Chemistry
Which element is present in every organic compound?
Which of the following is a hydrocarbon?
- butanoic acid
Which statement correctly describes the molecular polarity of a hydrocarbon?
- Hydrocarbons are generally nonpolar, because they are asymmetrical
- Hydrocarbons are generally polar, because they are asymmetrical
- Hydrcarbons are generally nonpolar, because they are symmetrical
- Hydrocarbons are generally polar, because they are symmetrical
Which statement correctly describes one property of hydrocarbons?
- Hydrocarbons will not dissolve in water.
- Hydrocarbons have a high boiling point.
- Hydrocarbons contain ionic bonds.
- Hydrocarbons can contain oxygen atoms.
Which of the following represents a saturated hydrocarbon?
What kind of functional group is represented by the image shown below?
- organic acid
Which of the following compounds contains a double bond?
Which statement correctly describes ethane and butane?
- They have only single bonds.
- They have the same number of hydrogen atoms.
- They have the same number of carbon atoms.
- They have only double bonds.
Explain why pentyne and ethene are unsaturated hydrocarbons.
Name one of the functional groups in the organic molecule shown below.