Atomic Structure (Grade 10)
Print Test (Only the test content will print)
Which statement correctly identifies the subatomic particles located in the nucleus of a sulfur atom?
- Neutrons and Protons
- Electrons and Protons
- Protons, only
- Electrons, only
Which subatomic particles are located outside of the nucleus of an atom?
- Positively-charged protons.
- Negatively-charged positrons.
- Negatively-charged electrons.
Which particles have approximately a mass of 1 amu?
- protons, only
- neutrons, only
- electrons, only
- protons and neutrons
Which particles have a mass of 0 amu?
- Alpha Particles
Which subatomic particle is correctly matched with its charge?
- proton - charge of 0
- neutron - charge of -1
- electron - charge of +1
- electron - charge of -1
Which statement correctly describes the relationship between the charge of a proton and the charge of an electron?
- Protons and electrons have the same charge.
- Protons have a lower charge than electrons do.
- Protons and electrons have opposite charges.
- Protons have a charge of 0, electrons have a charge of -1.
Which statement correctly describes the charge of the nucleus of an atom?
- It is neutral.
- It is positively-charged.
- It is negative and neutral.
- It is negatively-charged.
In the modern-day model of an atom, what is the importance of the orbital?
- It is the region in which a positron can most likely be located.
- It is the most likely charge of an electron.
- It is the region in which neutrons can most likely be found.
- It is the region in which electrons can most likely be found.
In your own words, explain why an atom is electrically neutral overall.
Find the total number of electrons in an atom with 6 protons and 7 neutrons.