Essential Minerals (Grades 11-12)
Print Test (Only the test content will print)
Which mineral is a cofactor for hemoglobin synthesis?
Which mineral works to regulate the acid-base balance in the human body?
Which of these conditions can a zinc deficiency cause?
- poor wound healing
- muscle spasms
Which of these minerals is responsible for the synthesis of thyroid hormones?
- calcium chloride
Which of these is a source of iron in the diet?
- potato skins
- leafy green vegetables
- red meat
- citrus fruit
What does the mineral phosphorus do for the human body?
- It is used for the production of HCl in the stomach.
- It is needed by hemoglobin to prevent anemia.
- It is vital for nerve cell functioning.
- It is a component of bone and teeth.
The mineral required for the production of several redox enzymes, including cytochrome c oxidase is called .
Magnesium is a cofactor mineral that is required for formation.
Which of these is the primary source of chlorine in the human body?
- It is taken in by eating red meat.
- It is created by the liver during digestion.
- It is eaten when salty items are consumed.
- It is a byproduct of glucose metabolism.
What are the symptoms that can arise is a person is experiencing a calcium deficiency?