DNA (Grade 10)
Print Test (Only the test content will print)
The molecule shown in the diagram shows what kind of structure?
- double helix
- double vertex
Using the diagram in question #1, which nitrogen bases pair with each other in a DNA molecule?
DNA replication occurs in
- the S phase of interphase in both somatic and reproductive cells
- metaphase of meiosis only
- the G1 phase of interphase in reproductive cells only
- the cytokinesis portion of the cell's life cycle
Which scientists are credited with discovering the physical structure of DNA?
- Watson and Crick
- Einstein and Crick
- Mendel and Watson
- Holmes and Watson
Nucleotides of DNA are composed of three substances, namely:
- calcium, sugar, nitrogen
- sugar, phosphate, nitrogenous base
- sugar, hydrogen, nitrogen base
- phosphate, calcium, nitrogenous base
What are the four nitrogenous bases found in DNA?
- guanine, cytosine, adenine, thymine
- guanine, uracil, adenine, cytosine
- none of the above
- both a and b
A strand of DNA is exposed to intense heat. Which of these BEST describes what will happen to the strand of DNA?
- The chemical bonds of the DNA molecule will be broken
- More nitrogen base pairs will add on to the DNA molecule
- The chemical bonds of the DNA molecule will be strengthened
- The nitrogen base pairs in the DNA molecule will switch places
What is the role of hydrogen bonds in the structure if DNA?
- to code for proteins
- to synthesize proteins
- to separate the strands
- to connect the base pairs
DNA stands for
In the diagram above (#1), what kind of sugar is the #2 label made from?