Alkali Metals and Alkaline Earth Metals (Grade 10)
Print Test (Only the test content will print)
Alkali Metals and Alkaline Earth Metals
How many valence electrons are contained in an atom of Rb?
How many valence electrons are contained in an atom of Ca?
Which of the following elements would react with chlorine to form a compound with the general formula XCl?
Which of the following could be the atomic number for an element that reacts with oxygen to form a compound with the general formula XO?
How many atoms of sodium would be needed to react with one atom of oxygen to form a stable ionic compound?
Which of the following is NOT a property of alkali metals?
- They are extremely reactive with water
- They are lustrous
- They form ions with a charge of +2
- They have a low ionization energy
Which of the following properties correctly describes an alkaline earth metal?
- It does not react with air
- It reacts violently with water
- It is found in nature as an atom
- It has a high electronegativity value
Which of the following distinguishes an alkaline earth metal from an alkali metal?
- The atomic number
- The mass number
- The number of protons
- The number of valence electrons
Both alkaline earth metals and alkali metals tend to electrons to form an ion with a charge.
Name one property that results from magnesium having 2 valence electrons.