Jovian Planets (Grade 9)
Print Test (Only the test content will print)
Jupiter is composed mainly of .
- Carbon Dioxide
Which gas gives the planets shown below their color?
- carbon dioxide
Select the letter of the answer that correctly describes Jupiter's mass.
- 800 times as massive as the sun
- the same mass as the sun
- 2 and one half times greater than the mass of all of the other planets and moons combined
- the same mass as all of the other planets and moons combined
Which statement correctly compares the atmospheres of the Jovian planets and the Earth?
- they consist mostly of helium and hydrogen like the Earth's earliest atmosphere
- they consist mostly of nitrogen and oxygen like the Earth's present day atmosphere
- unlike the Earth, the Jovian planets have no atmospheres
- the Jovian planets have atmospheres, but they are much thinner than the Earth's atmosphere
Planetary scientists believe that the core of the planet shown below is
Which Jovian planets have rings?
- Saturn only
- Saturn and Neptune
- Saturn, Neptune, and Uranus
- Saturn, Neptune, Uranus, and Jupiter
The rings of the planet pictured below are mainly
- water ice
- helium gas
- liquid hydrogen
- frozen carbon dioxide
Unlike most of the other planets, Uranus appears to be rotating , perhaps due to a .
- on its side; differentiated atmosphere
- on its side; planetary collision
- upside down; differentiated atmosphere
- upside down; planetary collision
What planet, like Earth, has a magnetic field which causes auroras - northern and southern lights that glow?
Because of its rotation, a Neptune is than that of one on Earth.
- day; longer
- year; longer
- day; shorter
- year; shorter