Aromaticity (Grades 11-12)
Print Test (Only the test content will print)
Who proposed the aromatic, cyclic structure of benzene?
- Fredrich Kekule
- Michael Faraday
- Friedel Charles
- Friedel Craft
Aromatic compounds prefer substitution reactions.
Aromatic compounds burn with
- blue flame
- green flame
- red flame
- sooty flame
Which of the following reactions represents a Friedel-Crafts reaction?
- Benzene + Acetyl chloride [math]rarr[/math] Acetophenone
- Benzene + Methyl Chloride [math]rarr[/math] Toluene
- Benzene + Chlorine [math]rarr[/math] Hexachlorobenzene
- Sodium benzoate + Sodium hydroxide [math]rarr[/math] Benzene + Sodium carbonate
Which of the following functional groups acts as a deactivating, meta group on benzene rings?
- [math]-NO_2 group[/math]
- [math]-NH_2 group[/math]
- [math]-C_6H_5 group[/math]
- [math]-OH group[/math]
How many [math]pi[/math] electrons are present in an aromatic compound according to Huckel's rule?
- [math](4n +2) pi [/math] electrons, where n = 0,1,2,3, etc.
- [math](3n +1) pi [/math] electrons, where n = 1, 2,3, etc.
- [math](2n +1) pi [/math] electrons, where n = 0, 1, 2 , etc.
- [math](5n + 1) pi [/math] electrons, where n = 0, 1, 2,3, etc.
Which compound is formed when vapors of phenol are passed over heated zinc?
is a phenomenon in which two or more equivalent structures for a compound can be written which involve identical positions of atoms but differ in the arrangements of .
Briefly define an aromatic hydrocarbon.
The following polymer could be the result of which of the following processes?
- Addition polymerization
- Substitution polymerization
- Condensation polymerization
- None of the above