Momentum and Collisions (Grades 11-12)
Momentum and Collisions
Instructions: Read each question carefully. Choose the answer that best fits the question. Short answer response questions must be responded to in complete sentences. If the question involves calculations, you must show all your math work.
What is the momentum of Ball B after the collision?
- None of the Above
What is the momentum of Ball A before the collision and after the collision?
- 12 before the collision, 12 after the collision
- 18 before the collision, 12 after the collision
- 12 before the collision, 9 after the collision
- 20 before the collision, 0 after the collision
- 4 kg
- 2 kg
- 10 kg
- 6 kg
following must be true of the system?
- The total mechanical energy is constant.
- The total potential energy is constant.
- The total kinetic energy is constant.
- The total linear momentum is constant.
- It is in static equilibrium.