Electricity and Circuits (Grade 9)
Electricity and Circuits
Instructions: Read each question carefully. Choose the answer that best fits the question. Short answer response questions must be responded to in complete sentences. If the question involves calculations, you must show all your math work.
If you increase the resistance in a series circuit, .
- the current will also increase
- the current will decrease
- the voltage will increase
- the voltage will decrease
- 0.5 A
- 5 A
- 2 A
- 1 A
- most electrical devices in a house are on parallel circuits
- most electrical devices in a house are on series circuits
- they have different sources of voltage
- a T.V. does not require electricity
- Light bulb A is broken.
- Light bulb B is broken
- The switch is not closed
- Any of these would cause the problem described
- the potential difference between electrons
- the flow of electrons around a nucleus
- the flow of electrons down a path
- the flow of electrons in a substance