Environmental Chemistry (College)
Print Test (Only the test content will print)
Which of the following monatomic, inert gases is the most abundant in the atmosphere?
Nitrogen gas and oxygen gas comprise approximately what percent of the atmosphere?
Which of the following is emitted by exhaust from cars?
- Nitrogen Oxides
Which of the following can react with oxygen gas to form nitrogen dioxide in the air?
- nitrogen dioxide
- nitrogen trioxide
- nitrogen monoxide
Complete the following chemical reaction, which demonstrates the reaction with ozone with light energy: [math]O_3 (g) rarr[/math] ?
- [math]"O*" + "O*" + "O*"[/math]
- [math]O_2"*" + O"*"[/math]
- Either (b) or (c)
Which of the following reactants can lead to the formation of nitric acid?
- water and nitrogen gas
- ozone and nitrogen monoxide
- hydroxyl radical and nitrogen dioxide
- sodium hydroxide, nitrogen gas, water, and acetic acid
What is one of the biggest problems associated with nitrogen oxides?
- Increase in levels of carbon dioxide
- Unsafe drinking water
- Unsafe living conditions for fish
- Photochemical Smog
Which of the following is true about ozone?
- It is always harmful to humans
- It is formed by the discharge of infrared light
- It can help to absorb ultraviolet radiation
- None of the above
One of the sources of sulfur, which ultimately leads to the formation of acid rain, is .
Summarize the formation of sulfuric acid, one of the major components in acid rain, starting with sulfur. This should be summarized in 3 steps.