Thermal Energy (Grades 11-12)
Instructions: Read each question carefully. Choose the answer that best fits the question. Short answer response questions must be responded to in complete sentences. If the question involves calculations, you must show all your math work.
- components of a system interact
- entropy of a closed system always increases
- a closed system always shifts toward disorder or homogeneity
- energy is always conserved
- the amount of heat that is not conserved.
- the amount of work done by the system on its surroundings.
- the original internal energy.
- the volume difference.
- are never accompanied by heat returning to the universe
- decrease entropy of the universe
- increase entropy of the universe
- decrease randomness or disorder of the universe
- are always accompanied by a loss of light energy to the environment
- [math]H = E// (PV)[/math]
- [math]H = E + PV[/math]
- [math]H = E - PV[/math]
- [math]H = E xx PV[/math]
- the entropy of the system
- the enthalpy of the system
- the internal energy of the system
- the translational energy of the system
- None of the above