Wave Speed Basics (Grades 11-12)
Wave Speed Basics
Instructions: Read each question carefully. Choose the answer that best fits the question. Short answer response questions must be responded to in complete sentences. If the question involves calculations, you must show all your math work.
- 345 m/s
- 351 m/s
- 841 m/s
- 0.00120 m/s
[math]v=[331.4+(0.6)("T in ºC")]m/s[/math]
As shown, temperature is one of the factors that affects the speed of sound. What is the speed of a sound wave in air with an average temperature of 20ºC?
- 343 meters per second
- 343 meters per hour
- 300 million meters per second
- 300 million meters per hour
- multiplying frequency and wavelength
- dividing frequency and wavelength
- adding frequency and wavelength
- subtracting frequency and wavelength
Include your calculations in the space provided.