Social Skills (Grade 6)
Print Test (Only the test content will print)
Active listening is one skill that is important when working in groups.
Body language is not an important clue to look for when considering someone's perspective.
Optimism is the tendency to see, anticipate, or emphasize only the bad or undesirable outcomes, results, conditions, problems, etc.
Having empathy helps us act in positive and thoughtful ways toward each other.
You can often resolve minor conflicts with a simple compromise.
One way to improve your communication is to
- Look down when someone is talking to you.
- Think about what you are going to say while the other person is talking.
- Try and understand how the other person feels.
Disagreeing respectfully includes
- Keeping Calm
- Explaining your perspective clearly
- Communicating in an aggressive tone of voice
- All of the above
- Both A and B
When you believe you know what is true about what people think or why people act the way they do, you are making
- A Statement
- None of the above
The key to conflict resolution is
- knowing when to give up and quit arguing
- believing in yourself enough to convince the other person you are right
- having respect for the other person's rights
- continuing the discussion until you get your way
A problem-solving method that results in a solution that satisfies everyone is: