Microscope Care and Use (Grade 10)
Print Test (Only the test content will print)
Microscope Care and Use
are used to hold the slide on the stage so that it doesn't move when being examined.
The is where you look through with your eye and is magnification of 10X.
Slides are placed on the to be observed.
The is used to change from one objective lens to another.
The is used to safely transport the microscope from one place to another.
As magnification increases, field of view .
- stays the same
Under high power, which knob do you use to adjust the focus of a microscope?
- can generally magnify objects at 10,000 times without blurring
- typically provide higher resolution than an electron microscope
- work by reflecting electrons of the surface of an object being studied
- use light and glass lenses to magnify the image of an object
- are generally not used to view eukaryotic cells
What is the proper method for carrying a microscope?
- With one hand on the neck and one on the base
- With both hands on the base
- With both hands on the arm
- With only one hand to prevent fingerprints and smudges
If the ocular lens is 10x and the objective is 5x, what is the total magnification?