Professionalism in the Workplace (Grade 9)
Print Test (Only the test content will print)
Professionalism in the Workplace
Professionalism means conducting oneself with responsibility, integrity, accountability, and excellence.
An important part of business etiquette is discretion.
You are practicing confidentiality if you tell your co-workers how much your paycheck is.
Richard demonstrates his professionalism at work by showing up late, taking long breaks, and leaving early.
Which of the following is not a trait of a successful worker?
- arrives to work on time
- complains about boss to coworkers
- tells the truth
- admits mistakes
If you are planning on switching jobs, you should give your employer:
- no notice.
- 1 day notice
- 1 week notice
- 2 weeks notice.
Which of the following is NOT considered as professional business attire for women?
- low-heeled, closed toe shoes
- solid blouse with conservative neckline
- classically tailored, coordinated suit
Which of the answers below is considered unacceptable business professional attire?
Professionalism includes effective and professional communication. Which response is appropriate for answering the phone at work?
- Yo, what's up?
- Hey. How's it going?
- Good afternoon. How may I assist you?
- Hold on a minute.
Which of the following does NOT demonstrate professionalism?
- Jessica arrives 10 minutes early for work every day.
- Alan is texting his best friend during a meeting.
- Maria takes the initiative to clean off two shelves instead of one.
- Erin stays after hours to finish her inventory spreadsheet.