Romeo and Juliet: Act 1, Scene 2 (Grade 9)
Print Test (Only the test content will print)
Romeo and Juliet: Act 1, Scene 2
The act opens with Capulet having a conversation with Paris. Paris wants to know
- what the fight was about.
- where Romeo has been hiding.
- if he has permission to marry Juliet.
- how much money the Capulets have.
What is Capulet's response to Paris?
- He tells Paris to leave him alone.
- He asks Paris to join the family business.
- He suggests that Paris talk with Lady Capulet.
- He encourages Paris to spend more time with Juliet.
Where does Capulet invite Paris?
- to go hunting
- to a party at his home
- to England for vacation
- to visit him at his summer home
Capulet thinks that once Paris sees a lot of girls
- he'll be ready to settle down.
- he won't be so taken by Juliet.
- he'll realize marriage isn't any fun.
- he won't spend much time anywhere else.
Capulet gives Peter a guest list and tells him to personally invite the people on the list to the feast. What is the problem?
- Peter can't read.
- Paris steals the list.
- The people are his enemies.
- He doesn't know where they live.
What does Peter ask Romeo?
- Can you read?
- Why are you so sad?
- Aren't you a Montague?
- Where have you been all day?
Peter invites Romeo and Benvolio to the party. However, he adds one condition. What is that condition?
- They must bring pretty girls.
- They must wear black tie attire.
- They cannot tell anyone he invited them.
- They cannot belong to the house of Montague.
What does Romeo think of Rosaline?
- She is a mean woman.
- She has moved on quickly.
- She is a member of the Capulet family.
- She is the most beautiful woman in the world.
Why doesn't Benvolio agree with Romeo?
- He doesn't like Rosaline.
- He thinks Juliet is beautiful.
- He wants Romeo to stop being so depressed.
- He says Romeo hasn't looked at enough women.
Why does Romeo agree to go to the party?
- to see Rosaline
- to eat good food
- to anger the Capulets
- to meet lots of women