Romeo and Juliet: Act 1, Scene 4 (Grade 9)
Print Test (Only the test content will print)
Romeo and Juliet: Act 1, Scene 4
When Romeo and Benvolio enter the party, they are
- already drunk.
- ready to party.
- wearing masks.
- throwing out insults.
Romeo wants to know how they'll introduce themselves. Benvolio says
- they should pretend to be Capulets.
- their costumes will give them away.
- they should prepare a speech to give.
- they won't be there long enough for it to matter.
Why doesn't Romeo think he can dance?
- He has two left feet.
- His heart is too heavy.
- He doesn't have a partner.
- He can't find any suitable ladies.
Romeo thinks love is rough. Mercutio thinks love
- is tender.
- brings joy.
- comes easily.
- leads to marriage.
What role does Romeo plan to play at the party?
- a wallflower
- a ladies' man
- the designated driver
- the center of attention
Why doesn't Romeo think they should go to the ball?
- He had a dream.
- He hates the Montagues.
- He doesn't like wearing a mask.
- He knows Rosaline won't be there.
Mercutio talks about Queen Mab. Who is Queen Mab?
- a member of the royal family
- the person throwing the party
- the next woman Romeo will fall in love with
- a tiny fairy who controls what people dream about
What does Mercutio think about dreams?
- They're very weird.
- They can tell the future.
- They can be very entertaining.
- They're the sign of an idle brain.
Romeo has a bad feeling about the party. What does he think will happen?
- Rosaline will never talk to him again.
- The two families will restart their feud.
- His friends will end up getting married.
- It will start something that will lead to his death.
Does Romeo eventually agree to go to the party?