A Sound of Thunder
Print Answer Key (Only the test content will print)
A Sound of Thunder Answer Key
Which of the following beliefs leads Eckels to decide against trying to kill the dinosaur?
- There is no way that the dinosaur can be killed.
- There is nothing to be gained from killing the dinosaur.
- It would be wrong to kill such a magnificent beast.
- The chances that the dinosaur's death will change history are too great.
All of the following are reasons that Travis becomes angry with Eckels for stepping off the path except that...
- Eckels has disobeyed Travis's orders.
- Travis fears that Eckels may have changed history.
- Travis fears that Time Safari will have to go out of business.
- Travis fears that they won't be allowed to return to their own world.
The path through the jungle is mainly intended to...
- prevent history from changing.
- protect the hunters from dinosaurs.
- protect the dinosaurs from hunters.
- make it easier to walk through the jungle.
Expendable supplies are those one can...
- do without.
Which is most resilient?
The story suggests that, had Eckels shot the red-painted dinosaur instead of panicking, history would have been changed...
- for the better.
- for the worse.
- in unpredictable ways.
- in no significant or noticeable way.
In the story, which of the following actually changes the future?
- A butterfly's natural death
- A dinosaur's natural death
- A butterfly's unnatural death
- A dinosaur's unnatural death
What leads Eckels to stray off the path?
The hunters are allowed to kill dinosaurs that have been marked with red paint because those dinosaurs...
- aren't real.
- have only one brain.
- are the easiest to kill.
- are about to die anyway.
We associate primeval animals with...
- the distant past.
- human origins.