On May 25th 2018, the most comprehensive change to privacy legislation ever undertaken —the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)— takes effect.
Here at Help Teaching, data protection is something we take very seriously. As a cloud-based company entrusted with our customers’ data, we’ll continue to view the treatment of our users’ data as a top priority.
Help Teaching and GDPR
Continuing to protect our customers’ information is extremely important to us. Measures we are taking include:
- Continuing to invest in our security infrastructure.
- Giving users the ability to access their own data and delete their account.
- Ensuring there’s a consent checkbox and that all user data is gathered only after receiving appropriate consent.
- Anonymizing IP addresses for Google Analytics
- Working to ensure we have the appropriate contractual terms in place with all relevant third parties.