Help Teaching offers Test Room, an online assessment platform designed for teachers, parents, tutors, and trainers. Test Room gives educators the power to administer assessments online. It also provides statistical data to help educators quickly monitor and assess student and class performance. As an educator, you have many reasons to quiz students and now Test Room provides the convenience, tools, and flexibility to do so in a meaningful way.
Creating Student Groups
The My Classes feature lets you organize and assign tests for individual classes or groups of students. Once you create a class, you can assign a test to the entire group at one time. You may add or remove students to classes at any point. In addition, once a class has finished a test, you will have access to statistics on overall test results enabling you to evaluate class performance. A few other options for the class feature include:
- Splitting up students in the same class into different classes in Test Room, perhaps by level
- Administering different versions of the test to different groups
- Creating and administering different tests to groups of students based on their ability levels or to easily adapt tests for special needs students
Whether you want to give a brief quiz to check for understanding or a cumulative course final, Test Room offers numerous features for test scheduling to fit your needs.
Scheduling a test begins with either creating a custom assessment with Test Maker or selecting a pre-made assessment from Help Teaching’s expansive library of printable worksheets. After selecting a test to administer, simply choose your preferred method of inviting students to take the test. Options include:
- Inviting students or classes by e-mail which automatically sends students a direct link to start the test
- Sharing a public link with students instead of e-mailing them
In addition to the required settings, you can select a few optional features:
- Private Note to include any personal reminders or comments that are not shared with your students
- Test Instructions to share special instructions or reminders with your students when they start the test
Initially, all Test Room assessments offer unlimited testing times and open-ended start and end dates. As a teacher you can:
- Set a maximum amount of time students have to complete the test by filling-in the Time Allotted field
- Fill in the Start and End Date & Time fields to have students take or complete a test at a specific time
When you set these time settings your test will only be active during the set time period and can no longer be taken once the time period expires. Be sure to double check all your settings to make sure students can take your test when it’s time for them to start.
Test Administration Options
Depending on the purpose of assessment, you can select different options to change how students interact with the test. Some of these options include:
- Allowing students to navigate back to previous questions
- Keeping students from revising previous answers
- Enabling practice mode so students can see answers and, if desired, take the test multiple times
All of these features are available in the Test Administration section and you’ll find specific boxes and instructions to help you make those choices there . For example, if you want students to be able to navigate back to previous questions to revise their answers, be sure to check the correct box.
Want to embed a test into your website? Simply place the share link in an iframe, like the following:
“<iframe frameborder=”0″ height=”800″ src=”https://online.testroom.com/136832RVY” style=”width:100%”></iframe>”
Along with giving students an easy way to take an exam, Test Room offers a few different options for grading, including:
- Automatic grading of multiple choice and true/false questions
- Immediate grade displays for students
- Fill-in-the-blank and open-ended questions you can grade by hand
- The ability to override any automatic corrections
With the grading feature, you can save a lot of time by letting Test Room do the grading and give students the feedback they want. Even if you choose to manually grade your assessments, you’ll still save time by allowing students to quickly take the test online.
To help provide you with a meaningful analysis of student mastery and progress, Test Room generates data on individual student performance and overall test performance.
Student performance data helps you see student performance based on the following information:
- an itemized list of each test that student has been assigned
- the completion status of the tests
- the grade for each test
- the date the test was scheduled
This way you can evaluate trends in individual student progress and test performance.
Overall Test Performance
Test Room also generates an overall statistical report for each test assigned. The test performance report provides:
- the total number of students who have completed the test
- the number of questions on the test
- the average number of correctly answered questions
- a grade breakdown by number of students
- percentage of correct answers for each individual question
With this data you can monitor how individual students are performing and help make sure the quizzes and tests you assign are producing the desired outcome.
For more information on how to use Test Room, watch this our tutorial:
Try HelpTeaching out today for free.
No credit card required.