How to play Social Studies Jeopardy
1) Divide students into groups of 3 to 4 students.
2) Students choose the following roles: Question Reader, Question Responder, Score Keeper, Time Keeper (optional).
3) While the Question Responder gives the answer, all members of the team contribute to the answer before it is given.
4) Team 1 asks Team A which category of question they would like. The question reader on Team 1 then reads the question to Team A. Team A has 1 minute to respond. If Team A answers correctly, they get the points. If Team A answers incorrectly, then Team 1 has the chance to answer the question and win the points. If Team 1 answers incorrectly, the question is opened up to the remaining teams.
5) Team A asks Team 2 which category of question they want. Play continues until all teams have had a chance to ask a question and then the next round starts again with Team 1.
What type of illustration would best help the passage?
a picture of kids in social studies class
a picture of the game board
a picture of a famous person from history
a picture showing social studies in fancy letters